Seat Tarraco Forum banner

Upgrading to coast to coast lights

25K views 42 replies 15 participants last post by  alex 
#1 ·
Has anyone taken the plunge and upgraded rear lights to coast to coast? if so does anyone have the part numbers and costings?

#6 ·
Hello,

you can find all necessary info by following https://www.clubseattarraco.com/threads/iluminacion-del-catadrioptico-trasero-de-faro-a-faro.187/
Google translate it to english.

You can find usefull info on pages 10, 15. Photos of upgraged tail lights are on pages 23, 24,30.
Part numbers are 5FJ945095 for the left and 5FJ945096 for the right.
In few words - cost is around 500 eur,installation is easy, there is difference in connectors between non-coast and coast lights so there will be no back light animation.

#7 ·
vda82 said:
Hello,

you can find all necessary info by following https://www.clubseattarraco.com/threads/iluminacion-del-catadrioptico-trasero-de-faro-a-faro.187/
Goole translate it to english.

You can find usefull info on pages 10, 15. Photos of upgraged tail lights are on pages 23, 24,30.
Part numbers are 5FJ945095 for the left and 5FJ945096 for the right.
In few words - cost is around 500 eur,instaaltion is easy, there is difference in connectors between non-coast and coast lights so there will be no back light animation.
I think the correct part numbers for the UK (RHD) are 5FJ945095A and 5FJ945096A. Any resident part dealer would come in handy right now to confirm.

In any case, amazing heads up. The Spanish forum is a goldmine.

I will be making some phone calls tomorrow to try and a) source them (Brexit is a PITA in that respect as many part dealers from Europe don't accept orders from the UK any more) and b) find someone to install them (my local VW approved garage is pants).

#8 ·
I looked at the forum and found this:

https://www.ebay.es/itm/224227848358

So I guess the rear centre sections are going to be around £500 for the pair.

Someone who has done it said they light up but will not have the welcome running light function. Whether this can be programmed via OBD11 or VCDS I don't know, maybe even need a new module.

But in summary, someone has retro fitted the new lights and they work but no welcome light sequence.

#12 ·
Seat Motor Parts who are one of the sponsors on seatcupra forums. 7 day lead time.
Part numbers are 5FJ-945-095-A for left and 096 for right.

Don't think I can justify the outlay at the moment but the info is there for anyone who needs it.

#13 ·
scubamartin said:
Seat Motor Parts who are one of the sponsors on seatcupra forums. 7 day lead time.
Part numbers are 5FJ-945-095-A for left and 096 for right.

Don't think I can justify the outlay at the moment but the info is there for anyone who needs it.
Just ordered from them; £385 and change, all in.

7-10 working days (factory order, to be expected).

#15 ·
CYB2007 said:
Brilliant, Is that a fitted price ? If yes where are they based?
Not fitted but also not having to worry about customs charges etc.

Had a look at the installation pics from the German website referred to from the Spanish forum, it looks like a 15' job, Unplug old, Plug New and Drive. Sell old on eBay :).

Need to make sure you buy the RHD parts: 5FJ945095A and 5FJ945096A and you are good to go (if you don't want to be filing connectors to make them fit).

#19 ·
#22 ·
Done! Parts arrived today, 10 minute installation (see below).

Video of the functionality (all works except the "ceremony light show" on start-up). Apologies for the quality, it is taken from my Ring door cam: Tarraco Coast to Coast Demo

Coast to Coast light installation.
Parts: 5FJ945095A, 5FJ945096A
Difficulty: Beginner.

Steps (Same for both sides)
1. Remove the covers to get access to the connectors and mounting screws.
Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Vehicle

2. Release the safety latch for the connector (1) and disconnect. Unscrew the two mounting screws (2). Push down on the black latch (3) to gently dislodge the inner light unit.
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Trunk Hood Motor vehicle

3. First pull out the two inner side lights (once the screws are out and the black latch pushed they simply disengage from the housing) and then pull out the middle reflector.
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle

4. Reverse the steps (no reflector nonsense, just coast to coast awesomeness :)) using your newly acquired parts.

5. Enjoy. Tarraco Coast to Coast Demo

Attachments

#32 ·
Done! Parts arrived today, 10 minute installation (see below).

Video of the functionality (all works except the "ceremony light show" on start-up). Apologies for the quality, it is taken from my Ring door cam: Tarraco Coast to Coast Demo

Coast to Coast light installation.
Parts: 5FJ945095A, 5FJ945096A
Difficulty: Beginner.

Steps (Same for both sides)
1. Remove the covers to get access to the connectors and mounting screws.
View attachment 594

2. Release the safety latch for the connector (1) and disconnect. Unscrew the two mounting screws (2). Push down on the black latch (3) to gently dislodge the inner light unit.
View attachment 595

3. First pull out the two inner side lights (once the screws are out and the black latch pushed they simply disengage from the housing) and then pull out the middle reflector.
View attachment 596

4. Reverse the steps (no reflector nonsense, just coast to coast awesomeness :)) using your newly acquired parts.

5. Enjoy. Tarraco Coast to Coast Demo
Thanks 4 the heads up on installation, it took me 10 mins 2 fit look great, shame there's no welcome lighting, hope there a solution turns up

#24 ·
Tol said:
There must be a way to activate the light show when you unlock / lock
In the Spanish forum they mention that one of the pins (7? Can't be bothered to look now) is blank in the pre MY21 connectors, hence no signal goes through to enable the light show.

If it was possible some OBD11 hack would have surfaced by now.

Personally I am not bothered as to me it is a gimmick, I am very happy with the way they look now, I have also enabled Scandinavian DRLs so always on :).

#25 ·
Hi
If any body notices water drops on the bottom boot flap(they are 3 rubber covers grommets).
After upgrade lights coast to coast I had water them points and release middle hole under lights is not properly covered that way water get in.
Easy to fix
You need remove lights then use small pieces duck tape in colour you car and to cut shape hole but little bigger.
Or play with silicone.