Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reading the various threads on the forum, and I thought I'd as if people do any specific checks of their own when receiving their new vehicle. Either on pickup or when its delivered.

Would also be interested to see if those checks differ if its a used vehicle vs a new one.

1) Sat Nav version to see if it's on the latest build.
2) Fluid level - engine oil in particular as someone reported that the dipstick broke once they used it.
3) Infotainment system - quick mess around to check responsiveness
4) Plastic underneath the steering wheel - some reports of it breaking/ cracking when you adjust the wheel
5) Do a run through with the dealer prior to driving away
6) check the spec sheet for extras ordered - Spare wheel, tow bar etc
7) Insist of full tank of fuel with the dealer - even better to add that it at point of ordering
8) Take a 360 video of the car before driving off
9) Check the Kessy keys- whether you can unfold the physical key

Welcome anymore thoughts or "rituals" to add here.

K

·
Registered
202 Posts
I always run over the vehicle with the sales person as a matter of course, I never trust that a proper pre delivery prep has been carried out. A full interior and exterior check.

I do this as several years ago I bought a brand new Mini, and found at the point of collection that a panel had a 'ripple' in it, as if something had bumped into it gently or at low speed.
I'm glad I noticed as can you imagine the hassle that would follow if I went back the following day to say it was like that when I picked it up? - Sorry Mr McSimmo but when you took it away you were happy it wasn't damaged, you must have caused it......

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, guess a run through is the wisest option.

Also, is it standard that the vehicle should come with quarter tank of fuel? I would probably add that check to the list as well.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Its down to the dealer how much fuel they give you at collection time. I always insist on a full tank and invariably I get it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Fuel is something you need to arrange with the dealer. Some come with a teaspoon in. I always negotiate a full tank when ordering. I also take a 360' video before driving away, just a habit as sales people can't wait to get you off the site once they've got your money!!
Check your spec sheet and make sure you have everything you've ordered, especially under the boot cover, spare wheel, puncture repair kit, etc.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've picked up Seat Tarraco Style 1.5TSI on Friday and recommend to add the following to the checklist: check the Kessy keys- whether you can unfold the physical key - found only after returning back home from the dealer, there was some grease causing I was unable to press the button to unfold the key. Using more pushing power I fully pressed the button, but the key didn't unfold - had to completely tear it down, disassemble and clean it up

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
seatiq said:
I've picked up Seat Tarraco Style 1.5TSI on Friday and recommend to add the following to the checklist: check the Kessy keys- whether you can unfold the physical key - found only after returning back home from the dealer, there was some grease causing I was unable to press the button to unfold the key. Using more pushing power I fully pressed the button, but the key didn't unfold - had to completely tear it down, disassemble and clean it up
thanks - added it to the list. Hope you are enjoying the new car!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.