Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All being well, I'm hoping to give the car it's first wash tomorrow. In fairness it's not too dirty considering the poor weather, but I've noticed a fair amount of iron oxide on the bonnet, so I will probly use autoglym magma to try disolve it off and give the car a once over with the claybar before washing and waxing.

Just wandering which (if any) shampoos, waxes & products are safe to use on the chrome grill and other trim bits to avoid the dreaded chrome tarnish that vwag cars are so susceptible to? And will the magma be safe to get on the chrome?

Only ever used autoglym products on my Ateca but even then the chrome developed a spotty milky stain throughout within 18 months and was quite bad by the time I gave it back for the Tarraco.

Could put this down to dealership washing when it had it's services, but seems unlikely given that they know what they're doing.

Either way don't want the same to happen to the Tarraco, especially since that chunky grill is much more pronounced.

Just want to get it shiny again and see if I can bring out that metallic flake reflectivity in the paint a bit more.

Any Ideas???

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Went ahead and gave it it's first wash/Semi-Detail yesterday. Chrome seems okay so far.

Steps I followed:

Cleaned wheels with auto finesse wheel cleaner to begin.

Jet washed the rest of the car with Autoglym Polar Blast Snow Foam, let it sit for a bit then hand washed using two bucket with grit guards method.

Jet washed the foam off & applied Autoglym Magma fall out remover.

Didn't bother claying as the magma got all the iron oxide spots off and it was getting late.

Jet washed the magma off and hand washed with autoglym bodywork shampoo, rinsed & dried.

Finally applied Mguires Ultimate quik wax and buffed off.

Would like to have spent more time on it, but need a garage to do that really.

Here's the results...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.