Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My roof rails seem to have developed water marks (splash marks) that I'm struggling to clean and polish out. Does anyone have any tips please?

·
Registered
325 Posts
tic-tac-tarraco said:
Thanks sparky. You are also a go to guru.

I will grab me some for sure but im not a fan of the chrome trim tbh.
I no what you mean tic tac
When I had the Accord and was on the forums a few members sprayed the chrome bits and look very good.
I would say you would have to rub down prime and top coat
Just found a video

·
Registered
447 Posts
You guys are funny. :lol:

If the marks are water marks, then I would try something like viakal/limelite.

Spray it onto a cloth and rub the mark and see what happens. If you notice it is working, then put the product onto the stain and give it time to work (a minute or so). I wouldn't leave it on paintwork though.

If this doesn't work, then I doubt its a watermark. More like oxidizing or acid rain.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The roof rails are not polished chrome, more of a brushed finish and seem to show every drop of of water that lands on them. Perhaps I could find a way of cleaning them then sealing them it might help.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Forgot to say, last thing you want to is to use brasso/autosol on the chrome trim. As it will polish out the satin finish.

Don't want to sound like a stuck record....

Sonax PNS!

Can be applied everywhere and your plastics will love it!

I have used for last 4yrs and swear by it!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SONAX-223300-Profiline-Polymer-Shield/dp/B00JOVJKZW/ref=asc_df_B00JOVJKZW/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=310513207083&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=14258542421930705067&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9046084&hvtargid=pla-554452507124&psc=1&th=1&psc=1

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.