Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Hi there, I've put a reservation deposit down yesterday on the Tarraco.....just waiting for more details on when delivery will be. Subject to satifactory test drive when the demos arrive in showroom Looking forward to it!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I work in the U.K. and Ireland and have placed an order through an Irish garage as the wife will be the main driver of this. Ordered at the start of January and have a build week 9 assigned (end of Feb). Delivery estimated at 2-4 weeks after this....1.5tsi manual

These are available in Ireland to test drive so it worked out fairly handy. I was offered a launch model to take straight away (in stock already!)....and while it was tempting to take possibly the first one to hit the road, the cost of the extras were charged at full price so I declined

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Leprechaun said:
I work in the U.K. and Ireland and have placed an order through an Irish garage as the wife will be the main driver of this. Ordered at the start of January and have a build week 9 assigned (end of Feb). Delivery estimated at 2-4 weeks after this....1.5tsi manual

These are available in Ireland to test drive so it worked out fairly handy. I was offered a launch model to take straight away (in stock already!)....and while it was tempting to take possibly the first one to hit the road, the cost of the extras were charged at full price so I declined
Welcome to the forum. I assume you must have liked the test drive then! Which model did they have?

·
Registered
47 Posts
There are three models available to test (All Xcellence). 1.5tsi manual, 2.0tdi manual 150, 2.0 tdi auto 190 awd. It was always going to be the petrol model we were going to get due to our low mileage, and we have had the 1.5tfsi in our other car for the last 8 months without issue. The test drive was fine and the engine adequate for our needs. We opted for this based on the fact a Kodiaq could be 6-9 months for the same engine. I was impressed with the spec and the interior just felt better than a Kodiaq too. I think this has the potential to be a really good car if/when it catches on, although they seem to have priced it a bit on the high side which might tame the interest. It is very well kitted out though and will be nice to have all the extras. The camouflage green colour looks really well in the showroom, but I opted for the Indium grey incase the novelty wore off....seemingly green is one of the worst colours for resale

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Interesting you say the camouflage is a green colour, on the videos it looked like a blue tone to it. More Grey / Blue.
On the Seat configurator it does have the green hint.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Rob said:
Interesting you say the camouflage is a green colour, on the videos it looked like a blue tone to it. More Grey / Blue.
On the Seat configurator it does have the green hint.
I ordered Dark Camouflage and it seems to be some kind of dark olive green , different pictures and videos show different hues so hopefully it's not too green as I haven't seen it in person, will post pictures when I have it end of April/May

·
Registered
436 Posts
Leprechaun said:
There are three models available to test (All Xcellence). 1.5tsi manual, 2.0tdi manual 150, 2.0 tdi auto 190 awd. It was always going to be the petrol model we were going to get due to our low mileage, and we have had the 1.5tfsi in our other car for the last 8 months without issue. The test drive was fine and the engine adequate for our needs. We opted for this based on the fact a Kodiaq could be 6-9 months for the same engine. I was impressed with the spec and the interior just felt better than a Kodiaq too. I think this has the potential to be a really good car if/when it catches on, although they seem to have priced it a bit on the high side which might tame the interest. It is very well kitted out though and will be nice to have all the extras. The camouflage green colour looks really well in the showroom, but I opted for the Indium grey incase the novelty wore off....seemingly green is one of the worst colours for resale
Do you have any pictures form the showroom of the Camouflage one?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just had a look at the photos on my phone but the light was so poor in the showroom that the car looks almost black when viewed on the screen. I found it to be a very dark green colour myself. You may be able to get a picture online that might show it a bit better. I would suggest looking at the colour from the rear of the car as the red tail lights will help create a bit of contrast to judge it better

·
Registered
436 Posts
Leprechaun said:
I just had a look at the photos on my phone but the light was so poor in the showroom that the car looks almost black when viewed on the screen. I found it to be a very dark green colour myself. You may be able to get a picture online that might show it a bit better. I would suggest looking at the colour from the rear of the car as the red tail lights will help create a bit of contrast to judge it better
Thanks do you mind uploading one or two? TIA

·
Registered
47 Posts
The first picture I would think is not accurate. the second one is the grey colour. The last one is possibly the closest I would imagine. There is a post in another thread here of the car on display in a shopping centre in Ireland. There seems to be ok lighting on that pic.

·
Registered
436 Posts
The dealer has received the build week 12, which I presume means 3rd week of March. Not sure how long it takes from then.

Also confirmed launch weekend 22.02 so will take a look then

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I have bought a 2 litre petrol automatic Xcellence in Altanic blue
I love driving this car, however the Sat Nav is temperamental and the auto anti dazzling function doesn't work, going back to the dealer on 23rd

·
Registered
47 Posts
The automatic anti-dazzle was an extra I think for me. The sat-nav works ok for me but I am a little disappointed with it compared to google maps. I got the mapcare pack but it does not recognise many locations/attractions. It is fine for specific roads and towns...google far superior in this regard. The Gps display also seems to be lagging behind the real-time location for me.

Other than this, all going well....panoramic roof was expensive but probably the best option in hindsight...it brings a lot of light in, especially for those in the very back. I haven't tried the auto-park yet...it seems like I might have to spend some time figuring this out properly/safely.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Folks, just took deleivery of my new Terraco and looking forward to doing some miles. Hope to learn more about the model from others on the forum.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Leprechaun said:
The automatic anti-dazzle was an extra I think for me. The sat-nav works ok for me but I am a little disappointed with it compared to google maps. I got the mapcare pack but it does not recognise many locations/attractions. It is fine for specific roads and towns...google far superior in this regard. The Gps display also seems to be lagging behind the real-time location for me.

Other than this, all going well....panoramic roof was expensive but probably the best option in hindsight...it brings a lot of light in, especially for those in the very back. I haven't tried the auto-park yet...it seems like I might have to spend some time figuring this out properly/safely.
Autopark works brilliantnly, done it several times now and it does it really well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.