Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A bit of a wordy title I know.

I have come to the conclusion that whole question of what Trim level has what spec is a minefield, with some additions and omissions which can vary from one vehicle to another. The handbooks are so generic and non trim/spec specific its a nightmare working your way through it.

So, simply, what did you expect to have on your Tarraco based on sales literature/salesman that simply wasn't there, or what did you have that shouldn't have been there.

I'll start with the tailgate easy opening function. Salesman told me it was standard on my spec, and from what I read online it was. When I had the handover the salesman spent ages balancing on one leg trying to activate the function, and ended up calling a technician to have a look under the bumper only to find the sensor wasn't fitted and the function wasn't available.

No biggie in my book as I can still remote open from the key fob, but funny to watch the poor guy trying to activate it. :lol:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Dpau said:
Traffic sign recognition isn't activated (not possible on the manual 1.5 tsi)
Why is it not possible only for the manual 1.5 TSI? I didn't think the software or sensors were engine or transmission specific.

I think they say that to all Tarracos as none of them are enabled straight from the factory before they are delivered to the UK.

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Surly if the 1.5TSI has the camera in the windscreen it should be possible.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had forgotten about that one, I spent ages trying to find it, but it wasn't there.

·
Registered
21 Posts
SizzlingPotato said:
Dpau said:
Why is it not possible only for the manual 1.5 TSI? I didn't think the software or sensors were engine or transmission specific.

I think they say that to all Tarracos as none of them are enabled straight from the factory before they are delivered to the UK.
I know that it can be activated, but the salesman told me it was activated. But when it was delivered it was not active and then he said that it was not an option on the 1.5 tsi...

·
Registered
174 Posts
Dpau said:
SizzlingPotato said:
Dpau said:

I know that it can be activated, but the salesman told me it was activated. But when it was delivered it was not active and then he said that it was not an option on the 1.5 tsi...
Fair enough. Naughty salesman didn't want to admit that he got it wrong and blamed it on your engine. Guessing he was trying to avoid any sort of compensation or being obliged to activate it for you in return for giving false info.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've got the Xcellence First Edition Plus which supposedly has all the options - but not the around-view camera (just the basic reversing one). The Xcellence Lux has it though!

·
Registered
325 Posts
I was a bit disappointed that the charging Matt and blind spot warning wasn't on my edition

·
Registered
436 Posts
I expected it to have drawers under the passenger seat which turned out to be a shelf and as far as I know the hands free boot opening should be standard on all trim from xcellence upwards.

TSR and BSD are only on the First Edition models which are no longer produced but there may be some stock.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not sure why I thought I'd get these things but I'm sure I'd seen them advertised somewhere.

- Wireless charging
- Blind spot detection
- Wifi or Wlan
- Automatic main beam

Things that I expected because it's 2020
- Better sounding stereo
- Sat Nav on both the main screen and driver display (wtf do I want to know the current altitude?)
- Being able to close the boot with the key
- The interior not to rattle like an old truck even with nothing in

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have the Lux and was expecting everything on it, but discovered no blind spot warning, no auto dip, no wireless charging. From the reviews I thought it had a wifi hot-spot and was Alexa enabled but isn't.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ive got these things in my first edition and I gotta tell you, you're not missing out on the wireless charger. The auto dip is easily enabled using an OBD 11 or Carista unit. The blind spot thing, I gotta admit is brilliant and it sucks its not on every car.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Jack1364 said:
Ive got these things in my first edition and I gotta tell you, you're not missing out on the wireless charger. The auto dip is easily enabled using an OBD 11 or Carista unit. The blind spot thing, I gotta admit is brilliant and it sucks its not on every car.
What does auto dip do?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.