Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My petrol cap doesn't 'pop' open, it unlocks but you have to slip a finger in to open it. Anyone else got this issue?

Also, my car is set up to convenience unlock all doors. Mostly it does but I've had 2 or 3 occasions when the passenger door won't open it. Once opened using the drivers door it works again. Again, anyone else with this issue?

Are they both dealer fixes or does anyone have any clever ideas?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Don't have the issue with the petrol flap.

When I unlock the car by touching the front door exterior handles it does unlock the front and back doors successfully and consistently. The remote unlock does unlock all doors consistently too. I don't really use the central lock/unlock button on the inside of the driver's door so can't comment on that - I've got the child locks enabled on the back doors so that lock/unlock doesn't do much for me in this scenario.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm talking about being able to unlock it by touching the passenger door handle, not whether that door is unlocked.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Was never able to lock and unlock using the passenger door handle. Just assumed the rear handles didn't have the sensors.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I had same issue with fuel cap not popping open when pressed, had to manually pull it open, major faff and not always compliant (other petrol station users think you are a total wassock). Had it replaced (successfully) under warranty (within three months of original vehicle purchase). It is apparently a known issue with some cars of the VAG group.

Also have ongoing issue (month seven!) with Beats Audio rear speakers, awaiting replacement under warranty.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Having been in touch with other owners, I sprayed my fuel cap lock with silicon spray and it's seems to have done the trick

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had the same with the fuel flap on my previous Tiguan. A quick squirt of WD40 is all that was required to fix it. The problem is that the sprung plunger that pushes the flap out binds on it's sleeve. A small amount of lubrication overcomes the problem.

·
Registered
436 Posts
the fuel lid is opened manually, it won't open fully automatically only unlock, you press and it pops open a centrimeter then you open it by hand. Not sure why this is an issue for you or I have misunderstood? Or is it supposed to open fully when pressed once?

·
Registered
436 Posts
you lock the car by either pressing the driver or co driver indentation on the outside of the door handle. you unlock it by putting your hand beihd the handle without touching the front

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had the fuel flap problem, luckily managed to gently lever the flap open with a finger but wasn't convinced I was going to be able to open it and fill up! The garage freed it during the car's first service, they said it was a known problem so if it recurs they'll fit a new one under warranty.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts