Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious: did you guys arrive at your chosen car immediately or after careful consideration of the alternatives? If so, what factors influenced you?

I'll be honest, the Tarraco wasn't my first choice. My current lease vehicle is an Octavia vRS. I love it but wanted an automatic SUV, so my first choice was the Skodiaq. I found the majority of models to be quite dull - save for the vRS, which was discounted due to price. I looked at the Tiguan alternatives but those, too, were >£40k which makes them a tax "no no".

I then looked at the Tarraco and was very impressed with the ride, the interior and the value for money over its immediate competitors.

·
Registered
202 Posts
My last vehicle was a Freelander 2, the SD4 version. Before that it was a Discovery 3. Both were excellent as tow vehicles, and very capable all round vehicles. I downsized from the Discovery as I bought a smaller caravan (twin axle to single axle) and couldn't justify the running costs of the D3.

The Freelander was coming up on 6 years old, so it was time to move on. I looked at the Discovery Sport, but hated it. It was over priced, badly made, and the engines have a major oil dilution problem. I spent almost a year looking at alternatives with not much joy, then one day saw a Tarraco, and as they say, the rest is history.

I test drove one and fell for it. Suddenly my Freelander felt outdated and a big numb thing to drive.

Within a week I had mine on the drive. I was lucky as I found a staff car which was fully loaded, 3 weeks old and about 200 miles on the clock. It was the just before the month end, and the dealership wanted a sale. We struck a deal that I would have been stupid to walk away from.

It was the right decision.

·
Registered
447 Posts
For me it was the size and value for money. I've come from an Alhambra and although it's downsizing in comparison, it's the biggest thing I can get without spending a lot more money. I'm a contract furnisher and on the rare occasions I need to carry larger items and the alhambra was perfect. However, as VAG are no longer going to replace the Alhambra/Sharan, I decided to pick the next best choice, the Tarraco.

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
I'm driving Seats for over 21 years now. I like the fact that you're getting a VW that is cheaper and most of the time more stylish than the VW branded car.

My previous car was a Leon ST 4Drive 2ltr TDi excellence with panoramic roof which I loved & would have got again if possible. So I had a list of what I wanted, 4Drive 2 ltr with satnav & pano roof. I normally don't buy new but look for the best value second hand. I narrowed my choices to an Ateca, Tarraco & because the dealer I deal with is no longer a Seat dealer but a Mitsubishi dealer I had a look at the Outlander PHEW.

The Ateca felt a little smaller than the Leon, really not much bigger than the wife's Arona. The outlander just seemed a bit dated. When I got in some of the buttons & dials reminded me of an 80's Pajero I used to borrow before I even hand my own car! Also I would have had rip up a trench in my driveway to put a charge point in. Because I leave before the wife in the mornings I need to park on the outside.

I bought in October & Seat were selling off all their preregistration launch model Tarraco's. Cars with low mileage fully kitted out with all I wanted plus more for 8k less than the list price. Couldn't go wrong really.

I absolutely love the car but I'm really disappointed with the DSG lag at take off.
We shouldn't have to think "how quick am I going to get away at this roundabout!"

I was then thinking about changing to a Cupra Leon ST 4Drive but I can't justify the running costs.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Digital dash, triangular headlights, superman grille a ton of cabin and boot space - all for the same price as an Ateca and a lot less than vag group equivalent 0% finance was the cherry on the cake :)

·
Registered
323 Posts
This is the 1st German car (Spanish ) car Iv owned as always had Hondas.
But unfortunately Honda has no longer got a decent towing car.
I was looking at Lexus , Audi SQ5, the F pace jag.
But in a petrol all over the 40k mark.
I came across the Tarraco on practical caravaner and test drove one and loved it.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I test drove dozens and it was between Skoda Kodiaq, Superb, Octavia, Tucson, Sportage, CX-5 but the value for money (it had all the kit I wanted) and 0% finance on the Tarraco won. No regrets whatsoever absolute belter of a car. Very good.

·
Registered
29 Posts
In a sentence, best bang for buck I could get in terms of features and the 0% finance was the clincher

Picking up my car (2.0 Tdi Xcellence 7 Seats DSG 4DRIVE with 20 Inch alloys in Urano Grey) tomorrow and I can't wait!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Liked the look of it when it was first released but had no reason to buy one as i'd just got my Leon and my wife had her Grand C-Max. The time came to sell her car and because i need something under 6years for my car allowance we (i) decided that she could have my Leon (which still meets the criteria) and i'd get the Tarraco - man maths showed that this was the best use of our finances...
Me being me i hate having blank buttons, i wanted an auto and heated seats - oh and i wanted the 190 petrol, this meant i had to get the X-Lux. I actually got the 190 diesel in the end as the dealer did a stonking deal on it, £30k otr, delivery miles - pays not to be bothered about getting the latest plate, i bought it the final week of February

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.