Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my tarraco 2.0 tdi 4drive 20th of february and expected delivery is in next two weeks.
My concerns are about of quality of tarraco because the most of topics here are about many problems with this car.
I don't know what to expect of this car.
My previous car was ford smax and i was pretty satisfied with this car. Can anyone share with me overall customer expirience with tarraco?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Mnimac said:
I ordered my tarraco 2.0 tdi 4drive 20th of february and expected delivery is in next two weeks.
My concerns are about of quality of tarraco because the most of topics here are about many problems with this car.
My previous car was ford smax and i was pretty satisfied with this car. Can anyone share with me overall customer expirience with tarraco?
Despite what I am posting below I would urge caution when looking online for feedback on car ownership as the people that post would normally be the ones with issues to resolve, it is the nature of the internet after all.

I had a Ford Mondeo (1.5 petrol manual) from new as my runaround before the Tarraco. Lovely car, plush, drove like a dream but mechanically very fragile. Excellent internal build quality though. in 4 years of ownership no rattles, squeeks, pips, nothing, quiet as a funeral.

Enter the Tarraco: approved used with 10,500 miles on the clock (SE Tech 1.5TSI Evo Manual). VERY well made mechanically (believe me, I know), rolls like a dream and drives much better than I expected for a car of its size. Driving position, internal/boot space, standard equipment (even at SE trim) all is top notch. The OEM tyres are rubbish in the wet/snow (dry is more than fine) but I will change them for some Crossclimate SUVs before the autumn/winter season after I load the OEMs with 10K miles driving in the continent this summer. I had a small scare with an intermittent Oil Pressure warning but it turned out to be a faulty Oil Pressure switch which was swiftly replaced under warranty.

The build quality though leaves a lot to be desired. It rattles like an old truck inside and frankly if I had paid for it new I would be pretty miffed. As I got it at almost 50% from RRP I can live with the annoyances. The most grating one is a ratlle coming from inside the passenger side air vent which happens only when cold, go figure.

Having said all that, overall I am very pleased with my purchase, all things considered of course.

My 2p.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you t_v for the real-life review
It was very useful to read your feedback about Tarraco
So I hope that some issues were fixed with MY2021. I will keep you posted with my driving experience when my Tarraco comes

·
Registered
447 Posts
What you'll find on a forum like this is owners looking for solutions to problems. No one really wants to post how good their Tarraco is cause we all know cause we own one!

I'm lucky enough to have driven and owned cars from all price ranges. I originally wanted a Kodiaq as I preferred the interior but the high price and squared off wheels arches just didn't appeal. Then I looked at Tiguan Allspace and settled on Tarraco, as it was by far the best value for money buying brand new.

At the price I paid, I don't think there is any direct competitor when you take into account size and spec. I would have preferred a 5 Seat version but we don't get that in the UK. My main use of the car is to double up as my work van and space is important. I traded in my Alahambra for the Tarraco and it was a major step down in space. I think I lost around 30% usable of carrying capacity.

My car rides on the 20's so the ride is rather harsh for an SUV but the benefit is something that doesn't handle like a barge. Swings and Roundabouts.

Seat is not as comfortable over long distance as my old E class W212 but I guess you can't really compare with that car. I get sore bum after around 3hours in the Tarraco, the W212 I done 9hrs once and no soreness at all.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Does anyone have the actual spec for MY21 models? I tested Xcellence Lux today and maps are no longer on SD, they are on hard drive, and music has to be on USB-C memory stick, as no SD slots are fitted at all. I am wondering what other changes there are that differ from catalogue. I asked what max capacity for USB stick but dealer had no idea.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Pietre said:
Does anyone have the actual spec for MY21 models? I tested Xcellence Lux today and maps are no longer on SD, they are on hard drive, and music has to be on USB-C memory stick, as no SD slots are fitted at all. I am wondering what other changes there are that differ from catalogue. I asked what max capacity for USB stick but dealer had no idea.
2019 price list (that contains all the trims information) here and the 2021 here.

Needs a bit of research but you will see that the differences are fairly modest, mainly MIB3 (and all the changes that brings, e.g. HDD storage, online map updates, 9.2" screen, USB3 ports etc), the change to button A/C controls and the coast to coast lighting.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Mnimac said:
Welcome to the world of owner forums (if his is your first).
I have been the member of many owner forums over the years, and they tend to follow 2 routes. One is exchanging tips and hints, which this site is great at, and raising fault issues. Very few forums will have members posting about how their vehicle is great, never breaks down or is causing problems. Go on any owner forum and you will see there are more than enough moans and groans on those as well.

Enjoy the new car, I love my Tarraco. (there you go, someone singing its praise).

·
Registered
325 Posts
As said above is good guidance.
BTW I love my car as well

·
Registered
130 Posts
Mnimac said:
did you order the latest 200bhp version or the 190bhp.
i ordered my fr sport on the 18th feb and have a build week 19 and a pos delivery first week in june so 15 weeks from order.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I ordered a 2.0 TDI 4Drive MY2021 with 200bhp and a new generation of infotainment system. The initial delivery time was 15 weeks but should be delivered by the end of April. I am pleasantly surprised by the announced delivery time. The place of delivery is Croatia

·
Registered
306 Posts
t_v said:
Despite what I am posting below I would urge caution when looking online for feedback on car ownership as the people that post would normally be the ones with issues to resolve, it is the nature of the internet after all.

I had a Ford Mondeo (1.5 petrol manual) from new as my runaround before the Tarraco. Lovely car, plush, drove like a dream but mechanically very fragile. Excellent internal build quality though. in 4 years of ownership no rattles, squeeks, pips, nothing, quiet as a funeral.

Enter the Tarraco: approved used with 10,500 miles on the clock (SE Tech 1.5TSI Evo Manual). VERY well made mechanically (believe me, I know), rolls like a dream and drives much better than I expected for a car of its size. Driving position, internal/boot space, standard equipment (even at SE trim) all is top notch. The OEM tyres are rubbish in the wet/snow (dry is more than fine) but I will change them for some Crossclimate SUVs before the autumn/winter season after I load the OEMs with 10K miles driving in the continent this summer. I had a small scare with an intermittent Oil Pressure warning but it turned out to be a faulty Oil Pressure switch which was swiftly replaced under warranty.

The build quality though leaves a lot to be desired. It rattles like an old truck inside and frankly if I had paid for it new I would be pretty miffed. As I got it at almost 50% from RRP I can live with the annoyances. The most grating one is a ratlle coming from inside the passenger side air vent which happens only when cold, go figure.

Having said all that, overall I am very pleased with my purchase, all things considered of course.

My 2p.
With a heavy heart I will have to retract my positive review for the Tarraco.

Since I wrote the above a number of new (and old) issues have (re)ocurred that are eating into my (already) limited free time and causing major inconvenience.

As I have written in another thread, the Tarraco in 6 months of ownership and with only 1500 miles driven since purchasing has been with the stealers more days than my last 3 cars combined (15 years of onwership between them).

The low oil pressure warning is back, the wipers are turning on randomly and the inside is rattling more as time goes by.

I really like the rest and I have already invested a substantial amount of money in it (see the Accessories thread) but if after being only 18 months old with only 12,000 miles on the clock it is causing so much trouble what is going to happen in a couple of years' time when it is out of warranty?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Only 10 weeks from order my merlot red TARRACO 2.0 TDI DSG 4Drive FR (147 kW / 200 KS) is here.
After 2 days I can't say much. So far I am very satisfied.

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
Very nice. I have the same colour on order. TDI DSG Xcellence Lux front wheel drive. Waiting for delivery date. Advised it will be July, but hope before I go on holiday. Have you found any good accessories?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Carplay is very useful. Works fine with Spotify, Zoom... but on Croatian market works only with usb connection (wireless not working for now).
Park assist and traffic signs recognition work fine.

For now impression is very positive

·
Registered
98 Posts
What is phone connectivity like on Tarraco? I have iPhone 12Pro. My Skoda was excellent for phone, but Volvo is dire. I am hoping to get back to a good connection again, unless the issue is the network!
Still awaiting a build date and confirmation of adding Pano roof. Been told week 36 and then delivery in June. Confused is an understatement.
I have been spending on tailored mats with red panels, and stitching to match the red, and ordered other useful items. Having difficulty finding protector for Nav screen, as MY21 model has no knobs, but protector has cut out for knobs.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Now been informed there is no build week confirmed, so back to the dark. Once order is confirmed I will ask what week is build week. They have confirmed Panoramic roof and spare wheel is showing on the order. Time will tell.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I was advised last week if I was to change mine it would have to go to the back of the queue which is 18/20 weeks.mine is ment to be build week19 next week but wouldn't be surprised if it gets put back due to the world shortage of micro chips.mine was ordered 18th Feb so approx 16 weeks from order to deliver if it gets built next week.i was told 12/14 weeks when I ordered.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Pietre said:
What is phone connectivity like on Tarraco? I have iPhone 12Pro. My Skoda was excellent for phone, but Volvo is dire. I am hoping to get back to a good connection again, unless the issue is the network!
Still awaiting a build date and confirmation of adding Pano roof. Been told week 36 and then delivery in June. Confused is an understatement.
I have been spending on tailored mats with red panels, and stitching to match the red, and ordered other useful items. Having difficulty finding protector for Nav screen, as MY21 model has no knobs, but protector has cut out for knobs.
Phone connectivity is good with wireless Android Auto. I've had no problems at all with it, although can't advise on your iphone, but shouldn't be a problem.

Hopefully won't be too much of a delay and you'll soon be out and about with another merlot red Tarraco on the road.

·
Registered
98 Posts
markymate said:
Pietre said:
Phone connectivity is good with wireless Android Auto. I've had no problems at all with it, although can't advise on your iphone, but shouldn't be a problem.

Hopefully won't be too much of a delay and you'll soon be out and about with another merlot red Tarraco on the road.
I am looking forward to it. Added Pano roof to my order. Must admit to ordering lots of add ons ready fir delivery. Including new mats for boot etc, all with red trim, and hexagonal pattern on bottom of each mat. Also ordered new dashcam to make sure if anyone damages I have it recorded.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.