Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of ordering a new Tarraco FR DSG with my local SEAT dealer. I'm faced with the dimella of which colour to go for.

The FR has limited colours available, well in Ireland anyway , thinking of:
Orix White
Merlot Red
Dark Camouflage
Dolphin grey

Have only seen white in the flesh, all dealer here have been given White demos.

Reflex silver not available on FR, pity it would suit with full colour coded bumpers and side skirts on FR IMO

I have checked out the gallery Threads here, some useful info read. Colours are up to personal opinion and subjective but would like to hear thoughts on what people think suits it best.

Thanks in advance for your advise.

·
Registered
22 Posts
On the FR and FR Sport i'd personally want to see a contrast with the gloss black bodywork details (the grill, roofbars, lower body side mouldings etc) hence Black would be my last choice for the body colour followed by the dark grey. Red looks strangely good (not normally a fan of red on big cars) and not as common as white but I saw an Oryx white FR four weeks ago pulling out of our local supermarket car park and it looked pretty damn fine indeed. (so much so that I ordered one two days later in white!) :lol: :D

·
Registered
202 Posts
I once had a black car, and never again. They show every spec of dirt. I have Oryx white, and think it looks classy. (Well I would wouldn't I :D )

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'd go for the urano grey.
The non metallic colour looks sick on the FR

Ok. Just noticed you Brits call it dolphin grey 😜

·
Registered
34 Posts
Mcsimmo said:
I once had a black car, and never again. They show every spec of dirt. I have Oryx white, and think it looks classy. (Well I would wouldn't I :D )
I agree, I have had 3 black Seat's (Exeo, Alhambra & Ateca) which have all been a pain to keep clean. I live in a hard water area which leaves hard water stains if not dried off quickly. Looks horrible on black paint work.

·
Registered
62 Posts
On my fourth or fifth black car. Yes it shows the dirt but so do all cars (roads are not clean driving experience and particularly in winter). Yes, one would have to wash it more (if one was so inclined!) and while I live in a hard water area (with water softening system in use), it just means you need to dry off the car after washing (which you might be inclined to do anyway).

·
Registered
17 Posts
I mean that this urano grey (which non-metalic) looks awesome on tarraco combined with the machined rims offered with FR sport trim.
for me it makes kind of stealth look. Just awesome.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks all,

Still leaning towards White, however Urano grey has got me thinking. Dolphin Grey is very similar, only metallic. My current car is Grey so might fancy a change.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Deal done today. Decided to go for Oryx white after all. With the added bonus of getting the one in stock so dont have to wait for 3 months. Roll on January for 211 Reg ( Irl reg for 1st half '21)

·
Registered
96 Posts
I've just ordered a FR in Merlot red, Roy, not as lucky as you finding a stock vehicle so waiting for a factory order. Look forward to seeing some photos.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Collected my new FR a few weeks ago, absolutely loving it. Looks fab in white. Unfortunately due to covid restrictions I not getting to drive it as much as I'd like. However, I was secretly pleased when I had to take a trip to Hospital with my son, nothing major, but since it was an essential journey I gladly took the Tarraco for a spin, 250km round trip. It's way ahead of our previous car, an XTrail. Looking forward to many years of happy motoring.

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
learoy said:
Anyone got a merlot red tarraco yet as I'm struggling to get to see some real life pictures in this colour.ive managed to get my choice down to red white or grey.
Here's the pictures I've got learoy. I've ordered the FR Sport in Merlot Red.

Wheel Tire Car Automotive side marker light Vehicle

Attachments

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.