Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone bought towing mirrors for their Taracco, and if so which fit. My Milenco Grand Aero which I used on my last car wont fit the shape of the mirrors.

Cheers.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have just got a Tarraco and have not towed with it yet but for the last 5 years I have been using 'Suck it and see' mirrors on my Leon ST. Once you get over the fear that they are going to fall off...which they never have...then they are excellent to use. The are a universal fit and the big advantage is that you can accurately adjust then from the comfort of your seat. The only downside that I found was that they do take up some of your existing mirror but once you have used them a couple of times you soon find the best place for them to go which minimises the issue.
You can often pick up a bargain pair on EBay, Gumtree or similar.
Out of interest which tow-bar did you go for and are you happy with it?

·
Registered
317 Posts
I have Milenco Grand Aero ones as well but not tried yet as still waiting for delivery of my car.
Are you 100% they won't fit as the brackets are universel and can be angled to suit most mirrors.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Iv just been on the Milenco web site and it looks like you can buy different clips for different shape mirrors.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Also can the mirrors be attached to the bottom of the mirror.
Just a thought

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies.

In no particular order...

I don't have a tow bar fitted yet. The car was an ex staff car, (4 weeks old) when I bought it, and as part of 'the deal' when I bought it I negotiated a towbar and electrics at a discounted price. I've just had a call to say its now in the garage so the Tarraco is going in for it all fitting next week.

The Milenco mirrors rely on the clamp fitting on the wing mirror housing, and the problem is that the glass of the mirror fits the housing so well I cant get the leg of the clamp in the gap. I don't want to force fir it in case I damage the housing.

I have looked at fitting the mirrors onto the bottom of the housing, but there is a lip on the underside which I think must be to keep muck from getting onto the side camera lens.

I'll keep looking for a solution..

·
Registered
317 Posts
Just had another thought as I haven't seen the mirror yet.
Can you tilt the mirror outward from the bottom on the control to give a larger gap at the top for the clamp.
I do this on the Accord

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Conal said:
Out of interest which tow-bar did you go for and are you happy with it?
The dealer fitted the VW Rotative towbar and electrics for me. (The operation is shown on page 332 of the current handbook.)

It required a fair bit of recoding to the electrics as it disables the rear camera/reverse alarm/proximity when hitched up. It also talks to the vehicle to work with the caravans anti snake system. The module will also detect if someone tried to unhitch the caravan when the car is locked and unattended by sounding the alarm.

I've yet to try it, but I'm sure it will be just the ticket!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Just to confirm my new car arrived today and the milenco mirrors fit perfectly by tilting the mirror on the car downwards.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
After a bit of messing about, and some help from Mrs McSimmo, who has a far more practical brain than I have, we got ours to fit.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Good stuff
I was a bit worried at first about breaking the mirror but glad we are both sorted

1 - 11 of 11 Posts