Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm surprised that Seat did not equip the Tarraco with either a self levelling system for the front headlights, or at least a manual means (small turnwheel on the dash or similar).

For a vehicle that can carry quite a hefty payload and or 7 passengers it seems a strange omission. I'm a bit concerned that when I load the car up I will be blinding other road users as the front LEDS are very bright to start with.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Are you sure there is no sort of levelling system or Matrix LED system? I find this hard to believe if actually true as the Transport Authorities of the various countries are very strict on this.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I cant find any reference to the car having any system in place to alter the headlight heights. I may be wrong, but happy to be corrected.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think the lights are are aligned too high (and you and adjust them as it's done automatically)...I do not like driving the car at night as I'm forever being flashed at. I took the car into Seat and asked them to check and they said they were normal...their advice...flash them back...not hugely helpful

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Sparky13, nice find. I couldn't find that anywhere.

Like you Soo2345 I have also been flashed at a couple of times. Its down to the brightness of the lamps I guess.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I'm thinking when you 1st turn on the headlights they move up and down and then settle.
This must be them self levelling.
I was a bit worried myself until I found the info in the handbook as when towing a caravan the lights will definitely be hirer and dazzle oncoming traffic.

·
Registered
28 Posts
You can adjust the headlights manually if you feel they are to high. Adjusters are on top of the headlights once bonnet open. Many led lights appear bright to others. I notice the difference when driving my other car it's like night and day.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Location of adjuster no 2 is the one you want at each side. They are quite sensitive so maybe 1/4 or 1/2 turn maybe enough. Adjust both the same.

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
Just bear in mind the cutoff point is legally mandated and adjusting them downwards intentionally could be an MOT fail down the line (in the UK at least)

·
Registered
323 Posts
In the hand book it states that no stickers are needed as the led lights are classed as tourists lights.
But it do say that if your in the country for a long time then lights will need adjustment by dealer

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sparky13 said:
In the hand book it states that no stickers are needed as the led lights are classed as tourists lights.
But it do say that if your in the country for a long time then lights will need adjustment by dealer
Great, thanks for reply.

·
Registered
3 Posts
alas00 said:
Location of adjuster no 2 is the one you want at each side. They are quite sensitive so maybe 1/4 or 1/2 turn maybe enough. Adjust both the same.
Really helpful thanks. They light up the full height of a road sign on the motorway so I think mine are way too high

·
Registered
447 Posts
Soo2345 said:
alas00 said:
Really helpful thanks. They light up the full height of a road sign on the motorway so I think mine are way too high
Headlights usually have a slopping cut off, so indeed the road signs on the left side of the motorway will be lit up. If they are lighting up the overhead gantry signs, then that really is a problem! :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.