Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just wondered has anyone had to have a windscreen replaced yet?

The missus was driving our Xcellence the other day, got hit by a stone and now we have a 6" crack in the front window.

Heard stories about needing to calibrate the front camera once its be changed, and issues with sensors if they don't use OEM glass.

·
Registered
24 Posts
If its cracked my understanding is it cant be repaired and will need to be replaced. We had an X-trail and they said the camera needed to be calibrated if they replaced the screen and also have a full tank of fuel for them to do it.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Although not an answer to the original question, I can't believe that's the way Nissan designed the camera to be set up.

I know with honda (if you needed a new camera, not windscreen) the camera needs to be set up by Honda's Dealer Service Computer in conjunction with a 30m long grid that you lay out on the road in front of the car.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Same thing happened to my wife whilst driving. Called insurance company and they sorted it out to be replaced by Autoglass.
Had to take it to an Autoglass calibration site (lots dotted around)
Took them a little over an hour in the end and it's perfect. All calibration complete and works fine.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Went through my insurance and Autoglass has got in touch to arrange the replacement.

They have the glass but it does need to go to a SEAT main dealer to have the front camera recalibrated, now waiting for a date to get it booked in.

Likely to be a few weeks though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.