Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am beginning to think my Tarraco purchase was not such a good idea after all. Drives well, space is good but build quality is atrocious.

It has been with the stealers more days in 6 months of ownership than my 3 most recent cars combined (15 years of ownership between them).

The latest one I have to deal with is the wipers coming on randomly.

I don't like the auto function so it is disabled in Settings and the lever is in the Off position.

There is no pattern, it happens while cruising on the motorway, school run, cold days, hot days, nights, evenings... The only thing that is constant I guess is that it happens while on the move.

And it still rattles like an old truck, 11,500 miles on the clock, only...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Four Leons, one Altea (180,000 miles) and now a 2019 Tarraco with 25,000 miles so far and a big caravan to tow. I'm a big fan of Seat and I'm sad when I hear of the Friday afternoon cars which obviously exist and result in trouble for their owner. Dealers and Seat Uk must take note and cars must be handed back that are obviously sub-standard.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Simol said:
Four Leons, one Altea (180,000 miles) and now a 2019 Tarraco with 25,000 miles so far and a big caravan to tow. I'm a big fan of Seat and I'm sad when I hear of the Friday afternoon cars which obviously exist and result in trouble for their owner. Dealers and Seat Uk must take note and cars must be handed back that are obviously sub-standard.
I maintain a MY15 Leon (LHD) that I have parked at our holiday home, build quality is not perfect either, trims have started to deteriorate after 6 years and 25,000 km on the clock but when new it was solid, no mechanical or other issues either, nothing compared to this shower.

Booked with the stealers for the wiper problem and I have added the passenger vent rattling as well to the list which is fairly straightforward to reproduce.

It is pointless to add all the rattles, pips and squeeks as there are so many and happen under different conditions but to say that this is a disappointing state of affairs would be an understatement.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.