Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
markymate said:
Anyone had any experience of removing the glass from the wing mirrors??
Hi mate have a look at this youtube video, it for the Leon but it's the same procedure for our car. I have removed mine before when installing the dynamic turn signal. You just need to turn the glass all the way out and use the gap to pop it out. Does take abit of force but be gental. To return it just pop back in.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all your advice. Unfortunately they just won't budge and I ended up cracking the offside mirror. I've ordered a replacement from Ebay, think I'll order the nearside one as well as I'll probably break that one as well. I've had a couple of fingers underneath the bottom of the glass as the plastic trim tools just bent under the pressure, and they still won't budge.

·
Registered
306 Posts
markymate said:
Thanks for all your advice. Unfortunately they just won't budge and I ended up cracking the offside mirror. I've ordered a replacement from Ebay, think I'll order the nearside one as well as I'll probably break that one as well. I've had a couple of fingers underneath the bottom of the glass as the plastic trim tools just bent under the pressure, and they still won't budge.
I guess you tried to pry it from the side and it broke along the middle.

I had great difficulty from the side as you did so decided I needed a wider (and stronger) prying tool and instead try and leverage from the top.

I used an old plastic ice scraper covered in cloth so that it doesn't scratch the housing and both sides popped out very easily that way.

When you put the new ones make sure you align the tabs properly and push (firmly, if the glass is not in place properly the motor won't be able to move it freely inside the housing) along the middle where the mounting is.

Good luck :).

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got it in one!!
I ordered a better set of trim tools yesterday and will take your advice and give it a go from the top.

Thanks for the advice t_v

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got them done, easy when you have the knowledge and the right tool!!
Thanks to everyone who gave advice and especially t_v, you're a bloody star, mate.

What do you think?
Car Vehicle Land vehicle Tire Grille

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Plant

View attachment 627
Automotive side-view mirror Motor vehicle Car Automotive lighting Vehicle

Window Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
306 Posts
markymate said:
Got them done, easy when you have the knowledge and the right tool!!
Thanks to everyone who gave advice and especially t_v, you're a bloody star, mate.

What do you think?
This looks excellent.

I never really liked the satin black of the side mirrors (except when in Deep Black) in the FR (Sport) so well played.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cheers mate. I'm really please and relieved to have got them finished and on the car. We are all each to our own with our motors, and I'm very happy with the finish :D :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.