Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, looking for advice.

I had a really stupid moment yesterday where I was trying to remove the wing mirror glass from the passenger mirror and I obviously didn't do it correctly and cracked the glass....on a new Tarraco as well :(

I was looking for the part number and could only find items relating to the Ateca. Does anybody know if the glass for the Ateca fits the Tarraco.

Thanks
D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that.
I could imagine the dealer's price for the same thing.

It looks like that mirror fits the Ateca also. The reason I ask is because I ordered one from a parts store here that was for the Ateca. I was after checking if they fitted but then started doubting myself. Hopefully it does!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Here's a link that gives detailed removal and re-installation instructions of the complete wing mirror system. Its for a VW Tiguan 2 which is identical to the Ateca/Tarraco.

https://vwts.ru/forum/topic/246906/

Document in Russian - open in Chrome and use auto translate.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all, I got the part online from a local store and it fitted perfectly. As you said the Ateca glass fitted the Tarraco fine, was doubtful when I ordered it.

Found the broken one a bit stiff to remove but followed the guide above and using a trim tool it popped off. Getting the new one on was a bit iffy, felt at times like I would break it before if popped in, anyway job done.

While the mirror was off I had a go at removing the wing mirror cover for practice. Even though all the clips were pushed back the cover wouldn't budge so I abandoned that idea. I had thought of fitting the different style indicators at some stage but that's not happening now, not worth the struggle.

Anyway thanks again for the help, much appreciated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.