Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone. This is my 1st post here, loved my Tarraco FR 1,5 since June last year.

One odd issue I have which I cant work out how to fix. When I 1st used Android Auto with the wire connection I noticed my phone connected automatically via wireless afterwards the 2nd time on onwards if my Bluetooth was switched which was fantastic (bit of a luck). Later after sometime I did something to play audio via bluetooth and I have lost the ability to connect wirelessly. Only via the cable which is killing me. I have reset my phones bluetooth settings and wifi related to the car but I think its the car, I have removed my device from the list of phones and then reconnected via the cable to try and add it afresh again but no luck. My wife's apple phone still connects wirelessly automatically on startup and her phone appears on the screen to chose to connect when I go to Android Auto/Apple car play options. Mine does not, it only appears when I Plug it in. I am using the Seat USB cable so that cant be the issue?

I have searched online ect and come up with nothing. Any help would be amazing and really appreciated.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
306 Posts
Hi Everyone. This is my 1st post here, loved my Tarraco FR 1,5 since June last year.

One odd issue I have which I cant work out how to fix. When I 1st used Android Auto with the wire connection I noticed my phone connected automatically via wireless afterwards the 2nd time on onwards if my Bluetooth was switched which was fantastic (bit of a luck). Later after sometime I did something to play audio via bluetooth and I have lost the ability to connect wirelessly. Only via the cable which is killing me. I have reset my phones bluetooth settings and wifi related to the car but I think its the car, I have removed my device from the list of phones and then reconnected via the cable to try and add it afresh again but no luck. My wife's apple phone still connects wirelessly automatically on startup and her phone appears on the screen to chose to connect when I go to Android Auto/Apple car play options. Mine does not, it only appears when I Plug it in. I am using the Seat USB cable so that cant be the issue?

I have searched online ect and come up with nothing. Any help would be amazing and really appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Wireless Android Auto can't connect if you have paired your phone with the car's MIB.

Go to the BT settings and "forget" (unpair) the phone and it should start connecting again with AA.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wireless Android Auto can't connect if you have paired your phone with the car's MIB.

Go to the BT settings and "forget" (unpair) the phone and it should start connecting again with AA.
thanks, do you mean go to Media Centre settings and unpair there?
My phone I have reset the bluetooth and Wifi a lot, so hoping this will help.
I removed my phone from Android Auto associated phones list numerous time, but didnt know of it being in the media settings (DOH)
Makes sense since it stopped working wirelessly after I played music via bluetooth.

Will try now,

thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Update, I eventually reset the head unit in the car to factory settings, unpaired the phones bluetooth and removed the car from the Android auto app by "forget all cars".
reconnected via USB and still no wireless option after 1st connection. Im stumped, no idea whats causing this. Android Auto allows the phone to try and create a new connection via bluetooth but the car doesnt respond when trying to pair for the 1st time with no USB being used. So have to 1st setup with USB. Disappointed but oh well, I hope someone else has some ideas. My phone has recent updates, should I maybe uninstall all the updates from Android Auto? There is an option to do so.

Today im getting Carista, hoping to unlock the traffic sign recognition option, would be nice.

·
Registered
1 Posts
.......So have to 1st setup with USB. Disappointed but oh well, I hope someone else has some ideas. My phone has recent updates, should I maybe uninstall all the updates from Android Auto? There is an option to do so.

Today im getting Carista, hoping to unlock the traffic sign recognition option, would be nice.
That's the reason. You need to clear cash and to check Android Auto Settings at phone. Remove all devices and start from the beginning. I have the same issue but with cable connections.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts