Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately, the Qi wireless charging in my new Tarraco has already given up the ghost. I initially thought my phone was the issue but I have tried a friends one and this does not work either (both charge on his wireless pad in the house).....back to the garage to see how we get this rectified...I am hoping it may be a software update but not holding my breath :(

I still have my broken windscreen as a new one had to be ordered and most dealers don't have the software available to recode it.... :x

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For those who may be affected by the wireless charging problem, Seat have just issued a bulletin to dealers in this regard to advise them of a known problem. It is hoped a new software update will fix the issue (however the service manager did mention he had ordered a new part).

First World problems, eh?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, just back from the dealers now.

The good news is that's I now have my brand new crack-less windscreen. (Edit: just noticed the screen is chipped in the corner and not aligned correctly, resulting in the rubber seal on the window trim not being able to go down the side of the glass....just not sitting flush :x )

The bad news is that the wireless charging component was faulty and a new one needs to be re-ordered...another visit back to the dealer. The recall for the software update relates to a fault in the crash assist emergency call system.

In addition to this, the re-calibration of the new windscreen, or the software update, has resulted in my Sat Nav becoming unusable as it believes I am using the car in amphibious mode in the middle of the Irish Sea. I had the upgraded MapCare for my holidays next week so need to make another trip back this week to get this fixed. I have tried resetting the system but no luck...any suggestions welcome!

Is this the price we must pay for being an early adopter/guinea pig on a new model?

·
Registered
102 Posts
You mentioned about a recall for software upgrade, is this all models or specific trim levels being recalled ? Thank You

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The software recall was related to the emergency SOS unit, so possibly all models. I just happened to be the first to get it as I was getting a new windscreen and the were calibrating the new screen.

DO NOT GET IT DONE IF YOU ARE CALLED!

After the upgrade, my satnav has been affected and the gps is way off. I brought it to the garage and SEAT have advised that they don't have a fix yet. I asked them to remove the software and default it back to the original...not possible.

The garage have actually been very good about it and they are sending someone out next week to collect the car, with a replacement given. It's disappointing as we need it for holidays next week (the nav)...will most likely use the CarPlay with maps now

1 - 6 of 6 Posts