Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just received my 2.0 TSI xcellence Lux today. Was teying ti cknnect the Media Control app, but that seems to need the WLAN, for which I cant find any settings... any ideas?

Also, anyone got traffic sign recognition working.. again cant see any settinga, yet its in the hand book

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
56 Posts
It doesn't. I wasted a fair bit of time chasing this and despite everything I read, it isn't there.
I was told some phones didn't need/support it. I'm not sure what it does unless the car came with a sim to provide an I car Wi-fi hotspot.

Clearly a lot of the initial reviews were of cars than were spec'ed solely for the launch.

I got the same car and thought it had everything; blind spot monitoring, Wi-fi, wireless charging and others that they didn't supply

·
Registered
202 Posts
The hand book is fairly generic for all models. There are lots of functions/features in the book that don't apply to all models, and some refer to items that simply don't exist on UK spec cars. :?

This forum will help you with your questions so dont hold back in asking.

·
Registered
105 Posts
For WLAN I think you need Navi Plus but there is still some unknowns. I asked for clarification seat support but never got any sensible answer.

From my observation it's a bit strange setup.
First you have to enable hotspot in your phone (so that feeds internet from mobile operator to the wifi - in transmitter mode).
Then you have to connect the car to that Wifi. Now the car should have access to the internet and should be able to access the data (eg POI or live traffic data as mentioned in the manual / website). To be honest I've never got any of them, maybe because Ireland is on the edge of Europe and such technology is still far away. When I get to mainland Europe I'll check again.

So far so good (almost).
Above works fine (without any visible results) but here is the point where my understanding ends.

Next stage would be to enable WLAN - that works as well but...

You cannot connect your phone to your WLAN as doing so your phone switches to Wifi data and not mobile data and disables hotspot so effectively it is creating a loop without internet access. Rejected...

Another option would be: it can be used as internet distribution system for your passengers but...

Why your passengers would have to use car's WLAN while your hotspot is already enabled. They could connect to your hotspot without your one or two setup steps.

With WLAN access your passengers can use Media Control App but (again)...
- you cannot use Media control - your phone still have to serve the internet over hotspot so you cannot use car's WLAN and you drive the car and not use mobile. Don't you? Also in that case it's still easier to use your dashboard to play music in car from bluetooth or phone storage.
- your passengers with Media Control are able to control you radio, music and so. This would be hugely distracting in child hands but you allow to connect to MediaControl to 2 or 3 of them it will be disaster.

Based on that and complexity of setup I don't understand half of the functionality. I managed to connect it OK (with two devices and a car) but whole logic of operations is far beyond my understanding.

I could be wrong at any stage and I'm happy to accept any guidance and perform additional tests.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey pch. I picked up my car today in Dublin, Tarraco 2.0 Tdi Xcellence 7 Seats DSG, delighted with it but can't see any mention of the WLAN. When you say enable WLAN above, where are you doing that? I don't know if I have NaviPlus, I think I got the top spec available in Ireland but the spec sheet is a minefield!

Cheers!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Shades799 said:
Hey pch. I picked up my car today in Dublin, Tarraco 2.0 Tdi Xcellence 7 Seats DSG, delighted with it but can't see any mention of the WLAN. When you say enable WLAN above, where are you doing that? I don't know if I have NaviPlus, I think I got the top spec available in Ireland but the spec sheet is a minefield!

Cheers!
Congratulations!
Indeed spec is messy. I knew this from dealers I think...
The easiest way to find out would be to insert any DVD (movie / concert or anything) - if recognised and will start playing video - you have Plus, if not recognised - normal.
There should be also other ways to check - but need to find out.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Looks like it's normal! Grabbed a DVD, tried to play it, but unfortunately, no luck. I never thought I'd be disappointed not to see "The Family Stone" :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Shades799 said:
Looks like it's normal! Grabbed a DVD, tried to play it, but unfortunately, no luck. I never thought I'd be disappointed not to see "The Family Stone" :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol:
...anyway I don't know how that WLAN etc suppose to work...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Could it have to do with the ability to have SOS

Now my FR has the SOS button at the top, presumably it's able to contact emergency services, at the very least via a SIM over GSM...

Thoughts?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.