Beats Audio Speakers/Navplus

Faults and Technical chat for the Seat Tarraco
crumpet

Re: Beats Audio Speakers/Navplus

Post by crumpet » Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:28 am

I honestly believe they can replace any hardware and not fix it - the fact some sound is coming through in the back (I have the same issue) lends it to being a software bug. I work in software. I am not too bothered as it still sounds good enough for me, but will keep tabs on the solution hopefully they find. But I would bet a hundred quid that it's a software problem!
> Tarraco Xcellence First Edition Plus 2.0 TSI 190 DSG 4Drive in Reflex Silver + dealer fitted running boards
> Mods: middle row vent covers and rear footwell lights from Kodiaq

Wheeliethecapper

Post by Wheeliethecapper » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:21 am

You may well be right on it being a software issue but if it is such, than it is seriously hidden in the ether of the car somewhere as other cars with same set up work fine. Indeed, when they replaced the head unit last week, all software was updated to the latest Seat downloads/ firmware for my car (which would imply that the bug (undocumented feature, snafu) is still in the build on release from our overlords). Hopefully, they will replace the amplifier unit itself in early January which is about the last thing that has not been looked at.

iBarryJ

Post by iBarryJ » Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:38 am

My money is on the amp - that would be the first item I would change out. If the fault is constant across all sources of the signal (radio / media / smart phone etc) ... Amp 😉. Hope you get sorted soon
Tarraco 2.0 TDI 190 Excellence, First Edition Plus, DSG, 4Drive - Metallic Atlantic Blue

crumpet

Post by crumpet » Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:33 pm

iBarryJ wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:38 am
My money is on the amp - that would be the first item I would change out. If the fault is constant across all sources of the signal (radio / media / smart phone etc) ... Amp 😉. Hope you get sorted soon
Gentlemen's bet it is then!

EQ Software vs Amp hardware ;)

I wager it's software because the Panasonic amp is used in many other VW group vehicles with no issue, but in the Tarraco the rear channels seem down on the front! So I reckon it's something with the EQ software on the head unit (which is a new style compared to the Ateca etc).

I'm mentioning it when it's due the first service in about May 2020 to see if they can diagnose something, my local dealer are excellent at this sort of thing based on my own experience - they replaced the driver door window switch assembly because it was a bit unresponsive at times, with no quibble, for example! And sorted a rattle / vibration at speed, that turned out to be one of the underbody protection bolts not tightened.
> Tarraco Xcellence First Edition Plus 2.0 TSI 190 DSG 4Drive in Reflex Silver + dealer fitted running boards
> Mods: middle row vent covers and rear footwell lights from Kodiaq

Damoirl

Post by Damoirl » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:35 pm

crumpet wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:33 pm
iBarryJ wrote:

I wager it's software because the Panasonic amp is used in many other VW group vehicles with no issue, but in the Tarraco the rear channels seem down on the front! So I reckon it's something with the EQ software on the head unit (which is a new style compared to the Ateca etc).

I'm mentioning it when it's due the first service in about May 2020 to see if they can diagnose something, my local dealer are excellent at this sort of thing based on my own experience - they replaced the driver door window switch assembly because it was a bit unresponsive at times, with no quibble, for example! And sorted a rattle / vibration at speed, that turned out to be one of the underbody protection bolts not tightened.
I tend to agree with Crumpet. If you do the manual tune trick on the radio the difference in the sound is unbelievable.

D.
SEAT TARRACO XC 2.0D190 DSG 4Drive
Dark Camouflage Green. :D

iBarryJ

Post by iBarryJ » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:24 am

crumpet wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:33 pm
iBarryJ wrote:

I have the same sound system and don't have an issue - a software problem would be right across all the vehicles, in my diagnostic thinking. That is unless they released a later s'w version with a new bug in it?? This could even be a wiring loom problem such as a reversed connector which would put these speakers out of phase with the others. Lets compare software; Media Codec 5001.001 Radio Database 1.10.3
Tarraco 2.0 TDI 190 Excellence, First Edition Plus, DSG, 4Drive - Metallic Atlantic Blue

beenma

Post by beenma » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:52 pm

I'm a Tarraco owner since a couple of weeks and have the Beats audio system as well. I recently joined a ride on the backseat and noticed the rear doors hardly produced any sound compared to the front speakers. All sound came from the front and the beats from the back off course. The Beats audio focus is set on center. If I set 100% volume to the rear speakers it produces a very very poor sound. Will bring this issue to the attention of my Seat dealer (in NL) in coming weeks.