Sat nav - losing GPS

Faults and Technical chat for the Seat Tarraco
Jhunter_83

Sat nav - losing GPS

Post by Jhunter_83 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:36 pm

Has anyone had issues with the sat nav.

Just picked my new car up today from Aldershot and on the way back to Newcastle the sat nav kept throwing itself to somewhere else on the map as if the car didn’t know where it was. After about 5 or so minutes it found itself but kept going off onto different roads even though I was on the motorway.

It also happened while using google maps and Waze.

Any ideas or any tips before I can get it booked in anywhere? I have tried resetting it by holding the power button.
2019 Seat Tarraco Xcellence 190 tdi Indium Grey

iainpeter

Re: Sat nav - losing GPS

Post by iainpeter » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:11 pm

I had this problem with my car, amongst many other issues which eventually led to rejection. They never found the fault despite 3 attempts and 2 different dealers looking at it between May & July 2019.
The fault would not occur whilst the dealer had it for a week and we had to supply video evidence, if safe get a passenger to video on phone .

Jhunter_83

Post by Jhunter_83 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:31 pm

Thanks, I’ve already took a few videos of it being fine and then all of a sudden jump to either another road or fields.

I’ll give the dealer a call on Monday to see what they say.

Do you now have another Tarraco?

iainpeter

Post by iainpeter » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:46 pm

I no longer have a Tarraco, there were just to many issues described as 'characteristics' by the dealer.

Jhunter_83

Post by Jhunter_83 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:46 am

Update on my GPS issue

Car was in the dealer all day yesterday, they acknowledged a problem with GPS losing location but don’t know how the issue is being caused. They have ordered an aerial base to start to see if that solves the problem but aren’t 100% sure that is the what is causing it. It sounds like they are just going to keep changing parts until they find the solution.

Problem I have is that I have only had the car 12 days today and this issue was noticed as I picked the car up. I picked the car up from Aldershot and I live in Gateshead about 300 miles apart. The local seat dealer is 10 miles from my house and due to lockdown shouldn’t be sharing a car with anyone outside my household and there is no available courtesy cars until December.

I like the car but how long am I going to be going to and from the dealership to get my car to find out the issue isn’t fixed yet.

What would you do in my situation? I bought the bar as an ex seat management car so surely this should have been fixed before I actually picked the car up

iainpeter

Post by iainpeter » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:42 pm

Sorry to hear the dealer is struggling to find the cause. As I indicated in my earlier post your issues seem to be the same as mine, mine was never fixed despite 3 attempts by 2 dealers before I rejected it with about 10 issues in total . We also discovered the sat nav fault the first time we used the sat nav.
When I returned the car the sales manager said he thought the issue was a trapped wire.
My advice would be to ask the dealer to involve Seat technical, or do so yourself.

AdrianC

Post by AdrianC » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:08 pm

Ok, guys i actually have an answer for this sat nav issue..... Unfortunately the dealers are all lying to you.... They are all aware of this issue..... Seat technical/customer services have published the memos to dealers and they know a number of tarracos have this issue.... I too was about to buy a tarraco with this fault. With a lot of investigating and me having 10 years in the motor trade on aftersales, mainly with vag brands i know how most stuff works. I ended up not buying the car i 1st looked at as i found out it was rejected by the previous owner due to the nav issue.... Seat technical dont have a fix as yet....... Due to it being a non safety issue its not an urgent fix.... The initial car i looked at had a new unit in glove box, a new gps aerial, all sorts and problem persisted.

When i told the manager at the dealership that it was a rejected car his jaw hit the floor!! Im like do not try to pull the wool over my eyes anymore!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but thought you best know.

Jhunter_83

Post by Jhunter_83 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:25 am

So how would I know if it a rejected car or not? I was informed that the car was an ex Seat management car by the dealer. The V5 states that there was 1 previous owner but doesn’t state who it was like previous V5s. Maybe data protection has something to do with that.

I have already spoken to Seat Customer service about rejecting the car as have had it less than 30 days and they have sorted me a courtesy car out.

AdrianC

Post by AdrianC » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:22 am

I kicked off with seat customer services when the dealer was still trying to fix the car. The sat nav issue was found on test drive as i am one of thosr that tests everything. Maybe from my experience in motor trade previously and knowing what salesman are like! So dealer kept delaying and delaying as basically they couldnt fix. I accused dealer of lying straight to my face. When i got back from test drive and told em about the sat nav they all just said its probably just an update, itll be sorted. Week after week they couldnt fix it and i lost my patience and started investigating, they said they have sent a technical report to seat which i know from experience if inrung seat customer services and logged a case they can speed things up with a reply from technical. So after kicking off as i also requested a case manager deal with the issue she investigated and informed me previous owner rejected the car because of the navigation and that the dealer obvs knows and should not be selling the car till the fix is out. As its selling a car with a function that clearly doesnt work as intended. I ended up buying a different tarraco where the nav works.

iainpeter

Post by iainpeter » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:51 pm

I returned my car late on a Friday afternoon, it was for sale by the following Monday as a Pre Registered car. The rejection was only accepted after Seat had agreed finances with the dealer.
I had managed to kerb a couple of wheels and been charged for the repairs, from the photo's it looked as if they had been repaired.
I must admit I was shocked to see it for sale so quickly.