ECU remap or tuning box on 2.0TSI

All Seat Tarraco related discussions
vib1288

ECU remap or tuning box on 2.0TSI

Post by vib1288 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:28 pm

I'm soon to pick up my Tarraco, 1st March, and I've been looking at power upgrades.

I know the Tarraco isn't a sports car but I just find that VAG have been very conservative with the 190PS output from the 2.0 engine.

On my other car, Mini Cooper S petrol and my (now sold) Alhambra diesel, I have run the RaceChip tuning boxes with noticeable improvements in engine power. Don't think I've gained any MPG but for me the up in power is the main goal.

I've searched for info on the DKZA engine that is fitted to the Tarraco and although used throughout the VAG brands, tuning of it is few and far between.

Any of you guys/gals looked into increasing the power of the engine and would like to share what you have found?
Soon to be Tarraco 2.0tsi X-Lux owner.

Chrisgg90

Re: ECU remap or tuning box on 2.0TSI

Post by Chrisgg90 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:24 am

I’m also looking at this for mine. I got the DSG to make it easier for my wife who is the main driver, as she has a weak left leg. I wasn’t overly impressed with the pick up pulling away from roundabouts ect with the DSG box so want to eliminate that. Race chip do on with a 39 HP gain. That’s more than likely the one I’ll go for.

vib1288

Re: ECU remap or tuning box on 2.0TSI

Post by vib1288 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:58 am

Chrisgg90 wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:24 am
I’m also looking at this for mine. I got the DSG to make it easier for my wife who is the main driver, as she has a weak left leg. I wasn’t overly impressed with the pick up pulling away from roundabouts ect with the DSG box so want to eliminate that. Race chip do on with a 39 HP gain. That’s more than likely the one I’ll go for.
The entry level racechip does seem to be good value and I think the torque increase is going to be more important the the BHP increase.

I have the full fat race chip on my mini (2.0turbo Petrol) and its amazing (up around 40bhp) but that has a 3 sensor connection. I understand the entry level only has 1 sensor connection.

Would be interested to see your views on the race chip fitted. Keep us infomred!
Soon to be Tarraco 2.0tsi X-Lux owner.