New Taracco

All Seat Tarraco related discussions
MACMAN

Re: New Taracco

Post by MACMAN » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:21 am

Hi Zummerset.

Good news your car has arrived at your dealer, and it's MY21.

Can you please advise me where your car was built. I know we are told it's VW Wolfsburg, but I had a call from my dealer yesterday, and she advised me my car has been built, and is now at the port of exit which she said was Barcelona. When I challenged her about this she was adamant it was built at Martorell. Delivery to dealership approx 4 weeks.

I have had a good search on line but I cannot find any reference to Tarraco production being moved from Wolfsburg. I now have a horrible feeling something may have gone wrong.

Regards

pvs

Post by pvs » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:03 pm

Great news! I think all the FRs have the new spec. I'm just eagerly waiting to see what the Xcellence has different to the MY20 spec.

My gut feeling is that it's just the Tarraco badge on the back.

Hoping for Coast to Coast lighting and the Online services (the manual on the site has that in it so fingers crossed).

We've just gone into local lockdown in North Wales so hopefully my car is classed as "legal obligation" due to my finance agreement.
Zummerzet wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:58 am
Mine just rocked up at the dealer. Confirmed that it does have coast to coast lights and next gen infotainment.

Zummerzet

Post by Zummerzet » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:58 pm

I’m pretty sure that all Tarracos (for the uk at least) are constructed in Wolfsburg, alongside the Tiguan. Mine was.

They had an FR Sport in the showroom when I bought mine. That I’m sure didn’t have coast to coast or new infotainment so I think there are some changes following the summer switchover. I’d have thought coast to coast would be on all models constructed from mid to end of August but that’s just a guess.
Seat Tarraco 1.5 TSI DSG FR Sport
Dark Camouflage
Panoramic Sunroof

CYB2007

Post by CYB2007 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:12 pm

Just to tie up some questions

Tarraco built ONLY in Germany

All Tarraco’s have Script Badge, Hola Puddle Lights on cars built from Week 10 2020 but normal rear lights and infotainment Until 2021 update

2020 FR’s have script badge, Hola Puddle Lights and normal Rear lights and infotainment until 2021 update.

2021 only just coming through now with updates
2020 Tarraco 2.0 TSI Xcellence Lux Indium Grey

PhiL P

Post by PhiL P » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:48 pm

Another here whose car arrived in the country on Monday. Dealer mailed this morning to say it's not with them yet, but hopefully it'll be in my clutches next week.

Mine's an Xcellence Lux, will be interesting to see if it has the new features. Here's hoping!

pvs

Post by pvs » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:20 pm

Finally got confirmation my Xcellence will be MY21. Dealership said they haven't seen any MY21 Xcellence yet as mine is the first one due in since Feb.

Arrives on Monday with it being available for me later in the week.

When I get it, i'll share a new post with what is different to the website, hopefully help people who have been waiting like me and unsure if anything will be different.

Imclgn

Post by Imclgn » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:12 pm

Nice one guys. Yes please share what they are like. Thanks

tic-tac-tarraco

Post by tic-tac-tarraco » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:59 pm

Agreed with the city fan.

Tic tacs are only built in Germany.

PhiL P

Post by PhiL P » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:29 am

Monday my dealer said car in the country he'll have it in 1-2 days, he then sent a mail Wednesday apologising it hadn't arrived, chased him yesterday (Friday) afternoon and he now told me it's coming Thursday next week (!) and I should be able to collect the following Wednesday (14th) 😒

Can't help but feel suspicious. Car damaged and they're going to repair and hide it? Hopefully just my paranoia..

tic-tac-tarraco

Post by tic-tac-tarraco » Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:20 pm

Probably just paranoia..

It will get there when it gets there buddy, otherwise you will lose your marbles chasing it, as many of us did!!!