Does anyone have an Ibiza Toca?

The place to discuss everything else..
Mcsimmo

Does anyone have an Ibiza Toca?

Post by Mcsimmo » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:40 am

My daughter has just bought a 14 plate Ibiza Toca with the Garmin detachable Sat Nav/Media unit. The Sat Nav needs the maps updating, does anyone know how this can be done? (The cost via Seat is big money).
2.0 TDI 190PS Xcellence Lux 4 Drive with panoramic roof, electric towbar, side steps and a big grin :D

Thyper

Re: Does anyone have an Ibiza Toca?

Post by Thyper » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:14 am

Hi Mcsimmo,

I had a 64 plate 1.4 Ibiza Toca with this detachable unit. The maps on my unit were dated q1 2013. I keep the Toca up to mid 2017 and never had an update for it from Garmin over that time. Used it occasionally for it Bluetooth capability other than that it sat in a cupboard. I believe the maps and updates are produced by Navigon. Not sure if they are any cheaper than Seat/Garmin. I have even looked around various Torrent sites to see if there were any update files floating around in that space unfortunately there are none.

Thyper
On Order Tarraco 1.5 TSi DSG Xcellence with Leather Interior in Reflex Silver
Currently Ateca 1.4 TSi DSG Xcellence in Magic Black
Other Ibiza 1.0 MPI SE Tech in Desire Red

Mcsimmo

Re: Does anyone have an Ibiza Toca?

Post by Mcsimmo » Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:11 am

Thyper wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:14 am
Hi Mcsimmo,

I had a 64 plate 1.4 Ibiza Toca with this detachable unit. The maps on my unit were dated q1 2013. I keep the Toca up to mid 2017 and never had an update for it from Garmin over that time. Used it occasionally for it Bluetooth capability other than that it sat in a cupboard. I believe the maps and updates are produced by Navigon. Not sure if they are any cheaper than Seat/Garmin. I have even looked around various Torrent sites to see if there were any update files floating around in that space unfortunately there are none.

Thyper
Thanks Thyper.
2.0 TDI 190PS Xcellence Lux 4 Drive with panoramic roof, electric towbar, side steps and a big grin :D