All Seat Tarraco related discussions
valentino

Re: ECU remap or tuning box on 2.0TSI

Post by valentino » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:07 pm

Did this work in the end!?

LoopyMonkey

Post by LoopyMonkey » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:22 am

I've still only done 500miles So not added anything to mine currently.

I already have the DTUK box from the Ateca which is still under warranty and it can be upgraded for the Tarraco but i like the Mobile Features of the newer box. I am interested in the DSG Firmware Upgrade thou because i do find the current DSG laggy and its slow to drop down a gear at times. I could drive with the paddles but i just haven't drive it enough yet. This is my first Auto DSG box.

vib1288

Post by vib1288 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:17 am

I fitted my Racechip at 1000miles and now on 2300miles. Tried a few settings on the Racechip and settled on 4 out of 7.

5 was more powerful but was not smooth, power came in with a thud. Not sure if this was due to the VW sensors picking up something amiss but 4 seems to be a general improvement all round over standard with the smoothness.

Something I did notice a few days ago, you can put the DSG into Sport by pulling back the DSG selector, this sharpens up the gearbox (I guess not to the levels of a remap). Not sure if this is 1/2 of Sport on the dial or the same. I know if you select Sport on the dial, you get sharper DSG and Throttle.

But for me, I'm quite happy with pulling down the DSG selector if I need to shift along without the DSG screwing me over!
Tarraco 2.0TSi X-Lux